A heartfelt memoir with lots of food for thought. It makes you ponder deeply over simple things in life. I had to stop many times in between to let the words sink in. One negative point is that It came across a bit too much as...
As the name suggests i found this book extremely grey. It surely showed all shades of grey. Didn't like at all and had to skip pages to complete it. I would not call it a romance novel. Only eroticism loaded with gray details. A book ful...
Living in the same country and having seen the places mentioned in the book, it was ever more wonderful to read this. The care, attention and detail with which everything is described takes you to that era right in front of that painting...
Around the World in 24 Books...
the below mentioned list is a combined list from two buddies ... So ofcourse the list is longer than 24 books. Read on what you like!
365 Days of Siri
- Afghanistan - The Swallows of Kabul
- Albania - The Palace of Dreams
- Australia - The Man Who Loved Children
- Brazil - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles
- Burma - The Forgotten Highlander
- Bulgaria - Solo
- China - The Foremost Good Fortune
- Denmark - Music and Silence
- England - Angelina's Bachelors: A Novel with Food
- Ethiopia - Sweetness in the Belly
- Germany - The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Hungary - The Invisible Bridge
- India - In the Convent of Little Flowers
- Iran - Reading Lolita in Tehran
- Israel - A Tale of Love and Darkness
- Japan - Kitchen
- Mauritius - Wandering Star
- Mexico - Like Water for Chocolate
- Norway - Sophie's World
- Pacific Islands - Mister Pip
- Pakistan - Burnt Shadows
- Poland - The Street of Crocodiles
- Russian Federation - The Hottest Dishes of the Tartar Cuisine
- South Africa - Agaat
- South America - Bel Canto
- Spain - The Shadow of the Wind
- Srilanka - Anil's Ghost
- Turkey - The Bastard of Istanbul, Birds Without Wings, Portrait Of A Turkish Family
- Vietnam - The Lotus Eaters
- Zimbabwe - The Boy Next Door
For more of my booskshelf and reviews you can visit :