Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today Happiness to me is

Long time back i read a list like this somewhere (sorry cannot recall where). I felt so charged up after that that i felt I should do it myself someday. And believe me writing down these 10 things which  bring such happiness; was a great experience in itself. But note that this does not mean these are the only reaons to be happy in life. Life has much more in store only we need to stop and take the moment to pay attention. There can't be just 10 points to make up for all the happiness we witness everyday. If only we can make this a regular habit to ponder what happiness means to us, there will be smiles all around.


This is the reason the heading for this post says "Today Happiness to me is". I might have a totally different list tomorrow if i sit down again to write. (But that does not mean these reasons will not give me happiness anymore) This will stay and more will be added and the reasons to be happy will only be more and more.  

Happiness is…

A shy reaction plus a hug from the little angel in my life as soon as I enter home

Happiness is…

bright shiny sun later in the evening with time to sit on the newly owned swing in the garden.

Happiness is…

Longing to eat spinach, when one day I reach home after  work wondering what to cook for dinner– there is a lovely dinner ready to be eaten and the main dish is spinach exactly the way I love.

Happiness is…

Running late from home just to find out the train I wanted to catch is also delayed just enough for me to be in time for all further connections. ( Believe me it’s the best thing that can happen in the morning rush hour considering it takes me 1hr 45 min to travel to work)

Happiness is…

Getting a phone call from someone from home ( for me it will always be India) just when I am feeling depressed and low

Happiness is…

Waking up half an hour earlier than the alarm clock and feel all fresh and ready to start the new day(If i continue to sleep that half hours it feels like a bonus)

Happiness is…

Getting on the weighing scales after weeks dreading a huge weight gain esp after having done lot of binge eating and see the weight has actually fallen down

Happiness is…

Trying to fix a problem for whole week and not getting anywhere. And when its 5 minutes to leave on Friday evening – something you do suddenly works and solves not only that one issue but multiple issues (win win win)

Happiness is…

switching on the TV after days and see that your favourite movie is being played.

Happiness is…

Getting hold of the book you have been longing to read plus being able to take the time to read it the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! I am honored you are here :)