Friday, December 7, 2012

Kalakaari

This is what comes up when one is not interested in conference calls. The creative side wakes up. The hands start creating masterpieces  :) Ahm ahm....... Ok ok - close to masterpieces :)


Hum bhi kalakaar hein  *wink wink*

Back to the seriousness of the business of posting ..
So whats the story here (Thats what we are supposed to do - right?) (We cant just post a pic and get done with the post? Isn't it so? Because if that is the case I cac do double marathon in one month considering how many pictures i take whole day. Thats like me side hobby-cum-timepass.)

Anyway - now that I have managed to make this post look like a long one (with you all shaking your head in disbelief) I can come to the point of writing.

This kind of scribbling could be seen on each notepad i had. I would keep making designs. I would keep writing my name in different ways and fonts. I loved anything designing. I found some starnge satisfaction in designing.

My love and passion for desigining gave me "weird" ideas about taking that up as a career (Didnt someone say one should pick up a career that one loves to do and is passionate about) Ya Ya - i believed that too. And - O Lord - I was done in one month. I resigned exactly one month after joining. I could no bear the fact of having limitations in something i love to do from my heart. I could not work with those deadlines and with those ideas forced upon me like a "free sewa". My mind could not produce any masterpieces. My mind refused to work under pressure of time, expectations and deadlines. I gave up!!

Ever since then I kept designing (digital or otherwise) as a hobby only. I enjoyed designing cards for freinds and family - who really appreciated my efforts.

But somehow in all these decades (did i say decades - oh no no - i mean couple of years but they surely feel like few decades) I gradually stopped doing anything creative like that.

Few days back while packing for the move - my husband came across a notpad where he saw one such scribbling done by me. And he immediately said - WOW How Nice is that! Beautiful!!
That brought back all in a flash. HOw much i used to love all this.

I think i will once again start doing some design work as hobby. One much keep the love alive and going...


Tell me - what is that one thing that you love doing the most?

6 comments:

  1. That is so artistic and pretty! You should follow your heart for sure, maybe do it as an entrepeneur and on a small scale to begin :) ?

    For me, my current passion in life has to be gardening, it brightens up my day :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.... I tend to sign my name a gazillion times when I am in a call or something. But I wish you continue this on a more serious level. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You call that scribbling. That is art man. Lovely!! For me these days it is photography and blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot everyone. What a motivating bunch of happy people you are. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I am honored you are here :)