Saturday, May 21, 2011

30 something... - Post 17

Very very long time back I had read this somewhere and now have been thinking about it for many days.

It was written as "20 something..." but i realised a lot of it is applicable beyond that too. And perhaps its more befitting only now. As "30 something..."

Yes am talking about age... How it is to be 20 something and then 30 something.
20 something has been called "Quarter Life Crisis" by someone. I had these few lines saved.

I am quoting some here.For complete article read here

It's quarter life crisis...When...

"You start realizing that people are selfish and that, maybe,those friends that you thought you were so close to aren't exactly the greatest people you have ever met, and the people you have lost touch with are some of the most important ones.What you don't recognize is that they are realizing that too,and aren't really cold, catty, mean or insincere,but that they are as confused as you."


Isn't it valid at whatever age we are!

7 comments:

  1. I use to feel how being 30+ would be now around the hafl way no beyond it and I am loving it

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Monika : Yes very right..I have the same. I am loving being 30 something as much as i loved being 20 something - actually could be perhaps more now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Swaram and Margarita : Thanks. And most of the things mentioned there under 20-something seem to be more appropriate now as 30+. I think i understand them more now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEP so very right .. we realise now that how they were and how life has turned out to be. and SO very true we met all these people and got so carried away that we forgot the ones who actually meant a lot ..
    and well said so true maybe they too are finding this out .. so time to pick those phone calls and say HELLO ...

    In my little life over the last year and half I have learned so much about people, I cant tell, all the notions have been shattered but as the lines said .. found a few people who are helping now and i wonder what was i doing all that time and not seeing these people around ...

    The saying is perfect ...

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bikram : Agreed. We spend out lives nurturing something which never becomes ours while the ones who care and love go unnoticed.
    Surely time for some HELLOS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a person who gets super excited about my birthdays and tend to do alot of introspection around that time. And my birthday is coming soon
    :P

    In college, birthdays was mostly about parties and gifts (well its stil abotu gifts), but its no longer a popularity contest. its about spending some time with close family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I am honored you are here :)